Thursday, September 6, 2012

Video: Bridesmaid Makeup Tutorial

I had the privilege of being a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding this summer. It was a fantastic experience, and a beautiful wedding. Ever since then, I've wanted to do a tutorial on the makeup I wore that day, because I was very happy with how it turned out. I thought it would be a perfect video to launch my new YouTube channel with, so that's just what I'm doing!

Me on the day of the wedding
This picture was my inspiration- this is the actual look, the day of the wedding. I felt very beautiful, but not over the top- I didn't want to upstage the bride! She looked gorgeous, and I think the bridesmaids all found the perfect balance of looking pretty, but not taking attention away from the bride.

For this look, the bride wanted us to wear neutral colors, but more amped up than we would wear for everyday. This worked for her wedding, which was all about simple elegance. This look would not be appropriate for a very glam wedding, but for this wedding it was perfect.

Here is the video tutorial for this look:



Products I used:

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
TheBalm Meet Matte Palette
Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-hr Perfecting Primer
MAC Mineralize Concealer in NC15
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation in Ivory
MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NW15
MAC Powder Blush in Stunner
Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil in Pink 15C- Vibrant Pink
MAC Lipstick in Way To Love (Lustre)
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Pearly Brown 2L- Golden Brown Sheen
Tarte MultiplEYE Lash Enhancing Primer
Dior Diorshow Mascara in 090 Black

Hope you enjoyed the video! Let me know what tutorials (or other types of videos) you'd like to see in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment