Monday, September 3, 2012

Product Review: bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 8.0 The September Issue



Product: READY® Eyeshadow 8.0 The September Issue

Price: $40

Available: Now, at Sephora, Amazon, and others. 

Description: An eyeshadow palette containing 8 0.28 oz bareMinerals READY Eyeshadows in: Couture (glimmering clove), Silhouette (antique white), Statement (vibrant orchid), Prêt-à-Porter (sunbaked gold), Três Chic (apricot cream), Editor’s Pick (metallic teal), Glitterati (shimmering pink), Ensemble (deepest eggplant)


Colors swatched on my hand (I'm an NW15), same order as in the palette

My thoughts: I picked this little palette up at Sephora last week, and I'm absolutely in love with it. This is the first time I've tried bareMinerals pressed eyeshadows, and I'm very impressed with the formula. The eyeshadows are very pigmented, creamy in texture, and blend very well. The mix of neutral colors with a few vibrant jewel tones is perfect for fall. The colors in this palette lend themselves to a variety of different looks for different situations, which makes it perfect for travel. It's also very small and the mini brush it comes with is actually useful.

Fits in the palm of my hand!

The only problem I have with this palette is the packaging. It's functional and would be easy to pack, but the reflective, mirror-like surface collects fingerprints very easily. While this would be easy to wipe off, it would always look kind of messy, so this wouldn't be a palette for someone who likes all their makeup packaging to look neat and clean at all times.

Wearing Tres Chic, Silhouette, Pret-a-Porter, and Editor's Pick

Final words: These eyeshadows are very good quality, and would work for a lot of different skin tones. Personally I think $40 for eight eyeshadows in a convenient case with a usable brush is a fair price. If you like the colors, I definitely recommend this palette. If the packaging would bother you, I would suggest checking out some of their READY Eyeshadow 4.0 palettes, which have bareMinerals' traditional rubberized black packaging.

What do you think about this palette? Will you be picking it up, or skipping this one? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment