Monday, September 10, 2012

My Current Hair Routine

Recently I got my shoulder-length hair chopped into a pixie cut. I absolutely love it, and totally recommend taking the plunge if you're considering going short with your hair! I was ready for a change, and hair is such an easy one. My hair grows quickly, so I knew that even if it turned out badly I could just grow it back out. I've been experimenting with different products for a few weeks now, and have finally solidified a hair routine. I thought this would be a good time to post about my hair, even if only for me to look back on later!

 

First, of course I wash my hair. My hair is thin and fine, and I have to wash it every day. When I had longer hair, I would sometimes skip a day and wear my hair in a ponytail, but that's not an option now! I use Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner. I love how clean these products get my hair, and how easily they rise out of my hair.


After I get out of the shower, I comb a small amount Nioxin Volumizing Reflectives Thickening Gel into my hair before drying it off. Then I rub some Nioxin Volumizing Reflectives Root Lifter onto my scalp, at the roots of my hair. Nioxin products are great for people with fine or thin hair, because they don't weigh hair down at all. The gel definitely makes my hair feel more substantial and less limp and lifeless, and the root lifter is effective as well. I used to use their shampoo, but it was way too harsh and left sores on my scalp.



I pat my hair dry with my towel, and shortly after that I blow it dry. I use the little round brush in the picture to help smooth my naturally wavy hair- this usually tames most of my curls and helps put them into place.


After blow-drying, I spray Chi 44 Iron Guard Thermal Heat Protection Spray all over my hair. I love the smell of this product! Then I take my curling iron and flip my hair under and into place. I use a curling iron instead of a flat iron because I feel like the flat iron makes my hair too straight, whereas the curling iron gives it more body. I finish off with a small amount of got2b Playful Texturizing Pomade, emulsifying it in my hands and rubbing it all over my head. I can make my hair very polished looking or more piece-y, depending on what I want that day! 


That's my hair routine right now! What products are you using and loving right now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment